Keywords: Sustainable urban mobility growth; Self-organizing system; Railway traffic management
Team participants: Carlos Lima Azevedo, Filipe Rodrigues, Victor Flensburg, Georges Sfeir, Mayara Monteiro
Lead Organization: Université Gustave Eiffel (univ-Eiffel)
SORTEDMOBILITY proposes a holistic approach for self-organizing management of public transport in urban and interurban areas, focusing on rail as a mobility backbone. Simulations will assess the self-organization approach in case studies in Denmark, Italy, and France. They will integrate advanced methods for passenger demand prediction and rail traffic modeling. In a close collaboration between academic and key rail stakeholders, SORTEDMOBILITY will showcase the future of railways while producing guidelines and recommendations to support future public transport systems.
Within the SORTEDMOBILITY project, DTU will:
- Develop offline models at the individual traveler level of daily activity and mobility decisions under current and future highly dynamic/self-organized rail operations. These models are to be integrated within a simulation framework in order to provide demand sensitive forecasts for the evaluation of alternative self-organizing concepts;
- Develop online aggregated demand prediction models for origin-destination matrices based on available historical and simulated data.
- Université Gustave Eiffel (univ-Eiffel)
- Société Nationale SNCF
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- BaneDanmark (BDK)
- Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione (ISTC-CNR)
- Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI)
- Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)