Five members of our MLSM group attended the 26th Trafikdage annual conference on traffic and transport in Aalborg, Denmark from 22-23 August 2022. Francisco Camara Pereira organized an executive session titled “AI in modelling and managing traffic” to review some of the latest developments in AI, modeling and traffic management, but also contrast with existing “classical” approaches. During the session, Filipe Rodrigues had a talk titled “Machine learning approaches for transport predictions problems: are we making progress in the right direction? ” where he discussed the importance of stationarity, strong baselines and benchmarks in transport prediction problems (Click here for the slides). In addition, our team presented/co-authored four interesting papers. Check out below for the full list of papers including the slides.
- Title: Reinforcement Learning for Autonomous Mobility-on-Demand Systems (Slides)
- Author: Daniele Gammelli, Kaidi Yang, James Harrison, Filipe Rodrigues, Francisco Camara Pereira, Marco Pavone
- Title: Estimating and implementing a Danish activity-based model in SimMobility (Paper)
- Authors: Mayara Monteiro, Ravi Seshadri, Carlos Lima Azevedo
- Title: Machine learning for real-time prediction of origin-destination demand in rail with smart card and supply data (Paper)
- Authors: Victor Flensburg, Carlos Lima Azevedo, Filipe Rodrigues, Fabrizio Cerreto